Thursday, May 17, 2012

Horseback riding

The day started off rough today. We were supposed to leave the hotel at 8:30 and Nick, Aaron and myself all woke up at 8:25. We had to rush to get down the stairs and just try to not be late. We made it and once we got on the bus we all passed out until we got to the place for horseback riding. I was the only one that was wearing shorts and the lady came up to me and said I will need to wear some of their chaps. Luckily everyone got them but it was a great start to the day. My horse ended up being the oldest and largest horse they had. It's name was Carnella but I renamed her Pinecone simply because I saw a pinecone on the ground and it seemed like a good fit. When we started to trot I noticed my horse was not the most agile of all creatures but she knew what she was doing. She had some miles on those legs. The view on the beach and in the sand dunes were amazing and life changing. This whole trip was spectacular and I am not ready for it to be over. After we were done riding the horses for 3 hours, we had a cookout at the main house and everything was delicious from the pork, sausage, rice, and the potato salad. Now it is time for another meal, the last one we will all have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment