Sunday, May 13, 2012

Our day off, but we went surfing

A couple of us (Aaron, Nick, Nikkit, Allison and Stefan) all decided that we wanted to go surfing. We had Javier call the girl I met on Monday who is a surfing teacher. So she came to the hotel, we greeted her with a kiss (lucky me) and she brought us to her friend who was waitng in the car. We had to squish into the back of it and Aaron and Nick had to sit in the bed of the truck. They said they had a lot of fun in there because they got to pretty much fly around whenever there was a bump. So after a half hour drive we got out of the car and Carla told us that she had to leave because her friend was sick and needed her. She left us in teh hands of Pedro who did not even turn out to be our instructor. We had two female instructors who were very nice and eventually called me "super Mike" for some reason but I don't think that with a nickname like that it could be a bad thing. We all tried to fit into our body suits which was a struggle, but we all eventually did it and then it was on to the lesson. We had to lay on the sand and our boards and pretend to paddle, exactly what you see whenever you see surfing lessons on TV or in a movie. After about ten minutes it was time for the water. It was one of the coldest water iI have ever been in. The waves weren't that big but they were big enough for us. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life.Even just sitting on the board as the waves went by was so relaxing, but I haven't felt the way I did when I was riding the wave for my first time ever before. I am so glad that I got to come here to Chile where I reallly am having the time of my life and will remember this trip for as long as I live.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are making the most of your trip. Too bad the water was so Chillay - lol - see what I did there? From Mom

    ReplyDelete